Dec 12 2013
Don’t Let the Flu Rob You!
The flu season is responsible for over $10.4 (1) billion in medical care expenses each year and 2013 is already on track to break records. Shorter days, lack of sun exposure, and reduced physical activity make it all too easy for the flu to pick pocket us as we retreat indoors each fall. It’s not too late to avoid wasting money on doctor visits and countless boxes of Kleenex. Investing a fraction of those costs in to your immune system can defend against sick days and miserable sleepless nights. After all, the immune system is the only tried and proven effective protection against the flu.
YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM VS. ANTIBIOTICS
Your immune system is a complicated, interesting and amazing system designed to keep you healthy and strong, protecting your body from environmental stressors.These stressors creep in more each day as the fall weather declines and our bodies are forced to adapt; quickly. Add in the self-imposed stress of the upcoming holiday season and you have the ideal conditions for a weakened immune system, with the fatigue and sickness that follows close behind.
Your immune system is constantly fighting off bacterial infections, viral infections, the flu, cancer or anything else that may try to harm you. In most cases, the immune system wins, but unfortunately that’s not always the case. Conventional medical interventions (particularly antibiotics) originally developed to save lives when the body is in a crisis, are now being used widely as the “first line of defense” without allowing the body to do its work first. As a result, many experts agree that we have caused microbes to rapidly evolve to the point where some are resistant to antibiotics altogether. The everyday use of external treatments to kill germs, including antibacterial soaps, has also contributed to this growing issue. Remember, antibiotics are not effective against viral infections, like the flu.
M’lis, the company I was certified by, provides essential immune boosting products to strengthen the body’s ability to fight infection and reserve the use of medications for emergencies only. What can you do to boost your immune?
6 WAYS TO BUILD YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM
1. Reduce stress. Stress greatly impacts your immune system’s function. In fact, it has been estimated that up to 90 percent of illness and disease is stress-related.
2. Exercise regularly. When you exercise you increase your circulation and blood flow throughout your body. The components of your immune system are also better circulated, which means your immune system has a better chance of finding an illness before it has a chance to spread.
3. Wash your hands often. Washing your hands decreases your likelihood of spreading a virus to your nose, mouth or other people. Be sure you don’t use antibacterial soap for this — overuse of antibacterial soap causes far more harm than good.
4. Avoid sugar.Sugar decreases the function of your immune system almost immediately. It is especially imperative to avoid sugar if you feel you are coming down with something. Keeping sugar out of your diet for the long haul will do wonders for your health and make your body stronger.
5. Get enough rest. Just like it becomes harder for you to get your daily tasks done if you’re tired, if your body is overly fatigued it will be harder for it to fight off disease. Regular rest will keep you strong and ensure that your body has the strength to fight off any potential invaders.
6. Plentiful Trio: immune boosting supplements VITAL Antioxidant: Packed with natural antioxidants, VITAL strengthens the immune system, purifies the blood stream, improves the digestive process, and fights infection and free radical damage.
VITAMIN D: Inability to receive large doses of sunlight during the winter months severely limits our intake of Vitamin D. Known mostly for improving the immune system, Vitamin D is also beneficial for preventing diseases and infections. Increased levels of Vitamin D have shown to diminish the likelihood of respiratory
DAILY Multivitamin/Mineral: A complete combination of essential vitamins and minerals that boost the body’s energy levels all day and help the body sustain an active metabolism.
A weak immune system exacerbates any health problem. So to be prepared and avoid those sleepless nights and boxes of Kleenex give me a call at 860-628-8857 to order your supplements or stop by my salon at 51 North Main Street in Southington, CT to get started on your winter immune boosting regime. Let’s use that potential down time for some play time.
Photo courtesy of By Michal Marcol / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Post by: Casey Morley – “I have emerged from a life filled with abuse and chronicle my journey in my mybook,Crawling Out,due to be published soon. I hope by sharing my story I can help other victims of domestic violence realize that they too, can start their own journey of crawling out – and that they don’t have to walk alone. I am also the owner of Casey’s Image Consultants, and a Certified M’lis Wellness Consultant offering Lifestyle Change Programs for detoxifying the body. I am dedicated to helping people improve their appearance and overall health from the inside out.”